Acquiring exposure to a variety of health-related clinical settings is a vital part of preparation for the aspiring student in health care. St. Anthony is dedicated to helping grow the health care industry workforce – our health care leaders of the future. We work to help educate and train students, largely through affiliated programs, to create meaningful experiences for students and produce positive impacts for our organization and the community.
Complete the steps below to be considered for a student experience.
Complete the Student Application Form
- Submit the Student Health Assessment Form
- Review the Student Orientation Packet
- Review the Student Roles and Responsibilities document
- Review the COVID-19 Guidance for Students document
- Complete the Student Signature Page (after reviewing the documents listed above)
At St. Anthony, students have the opportunity to explore a variety of beneficial experiences through involvement in both direct patient care and other health related experiences, including:
Patient Care Internships and Preceptorships
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Physical Therapy-Inpatient and Outpatient
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Sports Medicine
- Emergency Medical Services
- Public Health
Other Health Internships & Preceptorships
- Information Technology
- Social Work
- Health Information Management
Clinical Group Rotations
- Nursing RN clinical cohort site affiliate for Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) and Western Iowa Technical Community College (WITCC)
- Certified Nursing Assistant clinical site affiliate for DMACC
Students are welcome to seek advice on career opportunities in the health care industry through an informational interview with a professional. The Education Services student liaison can arrange informational interviews for the student who wants to learn more about education requirements and day-to-day demands of the job.
St. Anthony offers job shadowing experiences on a limited basis for the following students. These experiences are approved and coordinated on a case-by-case basis:
- High school students enrolled in the Des Moines Area Community College Career Academy course. These experiences are scheduled through DMACC.
- Students enrolling in a radiology or physical therapy program requiring observation
To learn more about student experiences at St. Anthony, or to explore a career in healthcare, contact:
Student Liaison in Education Services
Phone: (712) 794-5243
If you are interested in completing a student experience, please complete the application process.
Student Parking Map