Acquiring exposure to a variety of health-related clinical settings is a vital part of preparation for the aspiring student in health care. St. Anthony is dedicated to helping grow the health care industry workforce – our health care leaders of the future. We work to help educate and train students, largely through affiliated programs, to create meaningful experiences for students and produce positive impacts for our organization and the community.
Student Practicums and Preceptorships
Practicums and preceptorships are available to graduate and undergraduate students in affiliated programs. St. Anthony welcomes students in disciplines such as nursing, medicine, medical assisting, rehabilitation services, anesthesia, pharmacy, radiology, social work, and more.
Complete the steps below to be considered for a student experience.
- Complete the Student Application Form
- Submit the Student Health Assessment Form
- Review the Student Orientation Packet
- Complete the Student Signature Page (after reviewing the orientation packet)
St. Anthony offers students with an interest in healthcare the opportunity to meet with a professional in the field of interest for an informational interview and department-based tour. The goals of the experience are to enrich the student's current efforts to learn about education requirements and day-to-day demands of the job.
St. Anthony offers job shadowing experiences on a limited basis for the following students. These experiences are approved and coordinated on a case-by-case basis:
- High school students enrolled in the Des Moines Area Community College Career Academy course. These experiences are scheduled through DMACC.
- Students enrolling in a radiology or physical therapy program requiring observation.
- Students in affiliated programs which include observation as part of the program.
- Employees of St. Anthony who have an interest in exploring healthcare careers.
Students interested in career exploration should complete an application by clicking here. Once St. Anthony receives your application, you will receive an email with more information and next steps.
To learn more about student experiences at St. Anthony or to explore a career in healthcare, contact:
Phone: (712) 794-5243
Patient Confidentiality for Students
Student Parking Map
COVID-19 Vaccination Declination Form