What is H.O.P.E.S.?
H.O.P.E.S. (Healthy Opportunities for Parents to Experience Success) is a voluntary in-home visitation program available to expecting parents and those with children, newborn to age four, living in Carroll County. H.O.P.E.S. staff visit with families in the comfort of their own homes. Information from Growing Great Kids is used to help families to strengthen the bond between parents and their children. The program focuses on the goals and dreams of the entire family.
- In-home visits by specially trained staff who offer support with infant, toddler, preschool, and childhood development.
- Prenatal education and support.
- Linking families to medical and dental providers. Referrals to assistance services.
What happens during home visits?
- Families receive current information on child development, child health, parent/child interactions, discipline, and other parenting skills.
- In-home staff work with children and parents on pre-school readiness skills including hands-on activities, sharing, listening skills, etc.
- Families develop a trusting relationship with a family support worker as they manage the daily challenges of parenting.
- Families are connected to area services and community activities.
How much does the H.O.P.E.S. program cost?
There is NO CHARGE for this program.
How do I enroll in HOPES?
Call (712) 794-5623 or 1 (800) 684-3020, or visit the Carroll County Public Health / St. Anthony Home Health Office at 318 S. Maple St, Suite #3 Carroll, Iowa 5140.