Wound Care, Ostomy, & Continence Services
Offering state of the art treatment for wound care, ostomy and continence.
The St. Anthony Wound Care Clinic in the Chronic Care Center offers state of the art treatment for wound care, ostomy and continence. Our certified wound, ostomy, and continence nurses provide treatment to patients in a comfortable, clinic-like setting. The clinic staff welcomes new patients and works closely with primary care physicians, home health agencies and nursing homes to create a team approach to care.
WOUND CARE SERVICES
The Wound Care Clinic follows national guidelines based on clinical evidence when treating and managing wounds.
The types of wounds treated in the clinic include:
- Vascular leg ulcers including arterial and venous ulcers
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Surgical or traumatic wounds
- Wounds caused by edema, cancer, radiation treatment, burns, and infections.
- Pre surgery ostomy site marking
- Post surgical care and education
- Appliance fittings and adjustments
- Ostomy and peristomal skin assessments and treatments
- One-on-one education for patients and families
- Management of fecal and urinary diversions
- Nutritional Counseling related to bowel and bladder issues
- Fistula Management
- Ultrasonic Mist Therapy
- Wound Vac Therapy
Nicholas Southard, M.D., Vascular Surgeon (Appointments on 4th Tuesday each month)
Bryan Folkers, M.D., Plastic Surgeon (Appointments on 1st Tuesday each month)
311 S. Clark Street
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8am – 2pm.
Email the Chronic Care Center
Please call (712) 794-5901 to set up an appointment.