St. Anthony volunteers are trained to help Iowans enroll in or make changes to their Medicare plans. The state’s Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) is a free, confidential service that provides unbiased information to help people make decisions about Medicare and other health coverage. People should enroll in Medicare as soon as they turn 65. They can make changes to their drug plan during the annual enrollment period from October 15 through December 7.
Welcome to Medicare kick off meetings are held the 1st Thursday of each month in the St. Anthony Room (4th floor of the Surgery Center) from 7 - 9 pm. To register please call 712-794-5801.
Individual appointments are available in the SHIIP office on the lower level of St. Anthony Hospital, located between Patient Finance and the Radiology office. Please call 712-794-5801.
SHIIP counselors help clients:
- Enroll in and understand Medicare
- Enroll in and understand Medicare supplements, including Part D prescription drug coverage
- Sign up for Social Security benefits
- Qualify for free and reduced drug plans from pharmaceutical companies
- Qualify for low-income assistance from Medicare and Medicaid
For more information about the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) click this link.