Hazardous Materials Refresher and Biological Awareness Training- SARH Employees Only
This program will prepare the hospital based emergency responder to recognize, assess and begin the treatment of the patient contaminated with a hazardous substance. Participants will gain knowledge of the decontamination process and apply safety measures to ensure the protection of themselves and other care providers, along with the continued wellbeing of hospital patients.
- Detect, recognize, and identify potential biological threats.
- Differentiate between contamination and exposure and understand transmission.
- Discuss treatment of Class A Biological Threats.
- Describe key roles and responsibilities of the incident response team.
- Assure and assess the roles and responsibilities of facility personnel to achieve optimal response(s).
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and demonstrate the ability to properly apply PPE.
- Describe the indications for use and demonstrate safe and proper application of the MAXAIR Biological Helmet.
- Describe and execute decontamination procedures.
Susan Kock, BSN, RN, and Bailee Schleisman, MAM, BSN, RN, St. Anthony Regional Hospital.
St. Anthony Education Center, fourth floor of Surgery Building.
Work uniform required (i.e. scrubs, lab coat) and closed toed shoes.
Back to Listing