Adult Mental Health First Aid (SARH Employees Only)
The Mental Health First Aid course is for everyone. People whose occupations have a high level of daily interaction with the public, such as first responders, librarians, teachers, and other helping professions, have found this course very valuable. Just as CPR helps a person with no clinical training assist someone having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid helps a person assist someone experiencing a mental health or substance use-related crisis. In both situations, the goal is to have the skills to support an individual until appropriate professional help arrives.
Through this course, participants will learn:
- Common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges.
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges
- How to interact with a person in crisis.
- How to connect a person with help.
- Expanded content on trauma, substance use and self-care.
Participants must be at least 18 years of age.
Back to Listing