Rural Trauma Team Development Course
|| Friday, October 20, 2023
8:00am - 3:00pm
$50.00 Per person
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center
311 South Clark St
Surgery Center, 4th Floor
No fee for St. Anthony Staff
The Rural Trauma Team Development Course (RTTDC™) has been developed to improve the quality of care in rural communities by developing a timely, organized, and systemic response to the care of the trauma patient. The course emphasizes a team approach to address common problems in the initial assessment and stabilization of the injured.
Upon completion, trauma team members will be able to:
- Organize a rural trauma team with defined roles and responsibilities for the members
- Prepare a rural facility for the appropriate care of the injured patient Identify local resources and limitations
- Assess and resuscitate a trauma patient
- Initiate the transfer process early
- Establish a performance improvement process
- Encourage effective communication
- Define the relationship between the rural trauma facility and the regional trauma system
- Physicians: Acute Care, Inc. designates this activity for maximum 6 hours AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
- Nurses: Approved for 6 contact hours Iowa Board of Nursing Provider #72, St. Anthony Regional Hospital
Keith Vollstedt, MD, FACS, MercyOne Trauma Surgeon
Mark Abraham, Trauma Surgeon, McFarland Clinic - Carroll
Lea Mathison, RN BSN, TCRN, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center
Barb Fitzgerald, RN MSN, CFRN, CEN, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center, fourth floor of the Surgery Building. Parking is available in the garage on the lower levels of the Education Center-Surgery Building.
A fee of $30, plus the cost of text if not returned, will be retained for cancellations received 10 days prior to course date. No refund for cancellations received less than 10 days prior to the course date, though registration is transferrable to another person attending the same session.
St. Anthony reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment. If this occurs, participant’s entire registration fee will be refunded.
Back to Listing