2022 Newborn Fellowship
|| Wednesday, October 19, 2022 - Thursday, October 20, 2022
9:00am - 5:00pm
$98.00 per person
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center
311 South Clark St
Surgery Center, 4th Floor
No fee for St. Anthony Employees
The Newborn Fellowship is designed to prepare nurses and increase the knowledge of those who will be caring for the newborn population.
- Discuss and identify normal and abnormal assessment findings in the newborn populations.
- Describe and practice interventions for neonatal stabilization.
- Discover the impact of skin to skin and delayed bathing on newborn stabilization.
- Identify modes of neonatal heat loss and prevention methods.
- Distinguish between the late preterm and term newborn.
- Recognize causes of hyperbilirubinemia in the neonate.
- Describe prevention and treatment methods for newborn hypoglycemia.
- Through high fidelity simulation, experience and participate in neonatal resuscitation for late preterm and term newborns.
Christina Johnson RN, BSN
Clinical Nurse Educator, St. Anthony Regional Hospital
NICU, PICU, and Flight Specialist, Unity Point Health
STABLE, PALS, NRP Instructor
Continuing Nursing Education
IBN Provider #72, St. Anthony Regional Hospital
12 contact hours will be awarded upon completion of both sessions
St. Anthony Education Center, fourth floor of the Surgery Building.
Parking is available in the garage on the lower levels of the Surgery Building.
Uniform required (i.e. scrubs or lab coat) and closed-toe shoes.
A fee of $30 will be retained for cancellations received 10 days prior to course date. There will be no refund for cancellations received less than 10 days prior to the course date, though registration is transferrable to another person attending the same session.
St. Anthony reserves the right to cancel the program due to insufficient enrollment. If this occurs, participant’s entire registration fee will be refunded.
Back to Listing