Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB) Course-SARH staff only
|| Thursday, July 6, 2023
8:00am - 4:30pm
$65.00 per person
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center
311 South Clark St
Surgery Center, 4th Floor
- mental health
No fee for St. Anthony staff required to take the course. Other SARH staff: $10/per person
This in-depth crisis management training program provides the healthcare provider with the skills to recognize, reduce, and manage violent and aggressive behavior.
Participants will have the opportunity to practice intervention techniques and to take part in a violence response simulation.
Upon completion of this session, the participant will be able to:
- Discuss and apply principles, techniques and skills used to recognize, reduce, and manage anxious, aggressive, and violent behavior.
- Demonstrate effective and compassionate methods when interacting with anxious or aggressive people.
- Gain personal empowerment through increased confidence and skills in response to a threatening situation.
- Minimize potential injury to patients, self, and bystanders.
- Reduce the liability risk for unnecessary or improper force used to control aggressive or violent behavior.
Deb Burnett BSN, RN, and Kaitlin Geake BSN, RN, Certified Instructors of Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB), Clinical Nurse Educators, St. Anthony Regional Hospital.
What to Wear
Work uniform required (i.e. scrubs, lab coat) and closed toed shoes for the demonstration of physical intervention skills – no jewelry please.
Back to Listing