Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
This page provides information about the coronavirus response in the Carroll County area.
For information about the COVID-19 vaccine specific to Carroll County, Iowa, please click here.
The Iowa Department of Public Health has offered this COVID-19 Vaccine information for the public. Click here to read more
COVID-19 in Carroll County
Are you at risk for catching COVID-19?
- Have you traveled internationally within the last 14 days to any areas geographically impacted by COVID-19?
- Have you taken an international cruise within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you had a fever over 100 degrees in the last 24 hours?
- Sore throat?
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Repeated shaking with chills?
- Muscle pain?
- New loss of taste or smell?
If you are having difficulty breathing while you are at rest or have shortness of breath, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, mental confusion, or bluish lips or face, please call 911 immediately.
Remember to take everyday preventive actions that are always recommended to prevent the spread of respiratory viruses.
- Avoid close contact with sick people.
- While sick, limit contact with others as much as possible.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands; germs spread this way.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when out in public.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces that may be contaminated with germs using detergent or soap followed by a household disinfectant.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
Please visit the CDC website for more information or the Iowa Department of Public Health for information or call the St. Anthony Emergency Department at (712) 794-5204 or (712) 794-5818.
For information about COVID-19 vaccinations in Carroll County, Iowa, visit here.
If You Feel Sick
If you feel sick with symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or have traveled to China, other areas where the virus is widespread, or were in close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before you began to feel sick, seek medical care. Before you go to your doctor’s office or emergency room, call ahead and tell them about your recent travel and your symptoms.
What To Do if You Are Sick
St. Anthony is now offering telehealth services so patients are able to interact with a St. Anthony provider from the security of their home via phone to determine the best next step for each individual medical situation. Call (712) 792-2222 to schedule your telehealth phone appointment.
Caring For Yourself at Home
The Centers for Disease Control is updating its website daily with the latest information and advice for the public: www.cdc.gov
If you have additional questions about the Coronavirus, we ask that you please check with: