PROMOTING HEALTHY MOTHERS AND HEALTHY BABIES
Carroll County Nest welcomes all pregnant women who reside in Carroll
County. Our goal is to support and encourage expectant mothers to improve
their health and the health of their babies.
What is the Carroll County Nest?
The Carroll County Nest is an incentive program that provides
encouragement for parents to meet the following outcomes:
- Early and regular prenatal care.
- Participation in programs to increase healthy behaviors.
- Attendance at classes on various topics related to pregnancy, infant care, and parenting.
- Appropriate use of community services.
Requirements to Enroll:
- You must be pregnant.
- You must agree to attend education classes on various topics OR complete a short written report on a book/magazine article/video related to pregnancy/parenting once a month.
- You must come into the Carroll County Nest store to either document the points you have earned or spend them on items in the store. The store is open by appointment.
- Participants are a mailed a monthly letter on the education class to be held.
- There is no cost to participate in the program. It is FREE!
Carroll County Nest Points Opportunities include:
- Prenatal doctor visits
- Post partum doctor visits
- Childbirth education
- WIC education
- Infant CPR
- Home visits
- No drugs or alcohol
- Continued education
- Parenting classes
- Stop smoking
Items available may include:
- educational toys
- safety items
- feeding supplies
*Items change monthly.
How to Enroll:
- Call 712-794-5279 and ask to speak to the Carroll County Nest Manager.
- An orientation time will be set up with you.
The Carroll County Nest is located in the Luke Building just east of St Anthony Regional Hospital in Carroll.
The address is
318 S. Maple, Suite #3,
Carroll, Iowa, 51401
Carroll County Nest is a Program funded through community donations and grants.