Medical Assistant Training Partnership with Mercy College
St. Anthony trains individuals for careers as Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) through a partnership with Mercy College of Health Sciences. Students participate and complete the medical assisting program online through Mercy College, while completing the skills and clinical portions of the program at St. Anthony.
What is a Certified Medical Assistant?
A CMA is a multi-skilled health professional specifically educated to perform administrative and clinical duties. As a CMA, you may have clinical duties within the offices of physicians and other health practitioners. Common tasks performed by a CMA include taking medical histories and vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examinations, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by a physician.
What employment opportunities exist at St. Anthony for Certified Medical Assistants?
- St. Anthony has 7 medical clinics that focus on family practice, obstetrics, gynecology, older adults, pediatrics and more.
- St. Anthony also houses medical specialists within our campus at our Specialty Clinic, including but not limited to: nephrology, ear, nose and throat, and urology.
- Also included at St. Anthony are an orthopedic clinic, wound care clinic, and pain management clinic.
How long does it take to receive my medical assisting degree?
- Through Mercy College, you will complete your medical assisting program in one year. Following that, you will be able to take the certification exam.
- There are two start dates for the program: October and April.
- The classwork for the program is completed entirely online. In addition, there are two clinical lab days per semester, offered at St. Anthony in Carroll and a clinical rotation in the last quarter held at a St. Anthony Clinic.
How much will it cost?
- Both Mercy College and St. Anthony are able to assist financially through grant funding, financial aid, scholarships, and tuition assistance.
- Funding is available for qualified candidates for the spring 2022 cohort which covers the complete cost of tuition, a training stipend, and all books and materials. To apply for this funding, please submit an interest form via the link below before January 31, 2022.
- The total cost with no financial assistance is $10,000 or $2,500 per semester.
How do I get started?
- If you are interested in participating in the program, please submit an interest form.
Who can I contact for more information?