The St. Anthony Wound Care Clinic offers state of the art treatment for wound care, ostomy and continence. Janell Schoenfeld, RN, BSN, a certified, wound, ostomy, and continence nurse (WOC) provides treatment to patients in a comfortable, clinic-like setting. The clinic staff welcomes new patients and works closely with primary care physicians, home health agencies and nursing homes to create a team approach to care.
The Wound Care Clinic follows national guidelines based on clinical evidence when treating and managing wounds.
The types of wounds treated in the clinic include:
• Vascular leg ulcers
• Diabetic foot ulcers
• Pressure ulcers
• Surgical or traumatic wounds
• Wounds caused by edema, cancer, radiation treatment, burns, and infections.
• Venous stasis ulcers
• Pre surgery ostomy site marking
• Post surgical care and education
• Appliance fittings and adjustments
• Ostomy and peristomal skin assessments and treatments
• One-on-one education for patients and families
• Bladder retraining
• Manage of urinary incontinence related to stress, urge, and retention incontinence
• Management of fecal and urinary diversions
• Nutritional Counseling related to bowel and bladder issues
• Fistula Management
405 S. Clark Street, Suite 200
Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am – 2pm.
Please call (712) 794-5901 to set up an appointment.