Care of the Child with a Respiratory Illness
No cost for St. Anthony employees.
This course will prepare the nurse to promptly recognize and manage respiratory conditions that affect pediatric patients.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to
- Outline appropriate respiratory assessment techniques in infants and children.
- Describe the clinical presentation of common pediatric respiratory illnesses.
- Apply common therapies for respiratory illnesses in children, including high flow oxygen delivery and BiPAP.
- Recognize "red flags" for respiratory distress and impending respiratory failure.
- Through case scenarios, perform early interventions for the child in respiratory distress.
Thomas McAuliff DO, Pediatrics
St. Anthony Clinic- Carroll
Susan Kock BSN RN, Emergency Services
St. Anthony Regional Hospital, Carroll
Continuing Nursing Education
IBN Provider #72, St. Anthony Regional Hospital
2 contact hours will be awarded upon completion of course
St. Anthony Education Center, fourth floor of Surgery Building
Back to Listing