Hazardous Materials Refresher and Biological Awareness Training- SARH Employees Only
|| Monday, June 27, 2022
10:00am - 11:30am
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center
311 South Clark St
Surgery Center, 4th Floor
This program will prepare the hospital based emergency responder to recognize, assess and begin the treatment of the patient contaminated with a hazardous substance. Participants will gain knowledge of the decontamination process and apply safety measures to ensure the protection of themselves and other care providers, along with the continued wellbeing of hospital patients.
- Identify and recognize common agricultural hazardous materials.
- Describe and determine the differences between contamination vs. exposure.
- Evaluate a hazardous materials situation to determine whether decontamination is indicated.
- Describe proper decontamination procedures.
- Evaluate the level of PPE required for transfer from decontamination to definitive treatment area.
- Review the agricultural hazards for effects, symptoms, antidotes, definitive treatment, and treatment priorities in the acute care setting.
- Utilize key points recommended from Iowa Poison Control Center (IPCC) to help guide patient through care pathways,
- Demonstrate the use of shrouds for using MAXAIR PAPRS.
Susan Kock, BSN, RN, and Bailee Schleisman, MAM, BSN, RN, St. Anthony Regional Hospital.
St. Anthony Education Center, fourth floor of Surgery Building.
Work uniform required (i.e. scrubs, lab coat) and closed toed shoes.
Back to Listing