Iowa Society of Perianesthesia Nurses Fall Conference
|| Saturday, October 16, 2021
8:00am - 12:00pm
$40.00 per person
St. Anthony Regional Hospital Education Center
311 South Clark St
Surgery Center, 4th Floor
$10 fee for St. Anthony staff. Please submit payment the day of the conference to complete registration.
This workshop is designed to enhance the perianesthesia nurse's knowledge of clinical priorities associated with joint replacement surgery, care of the patient receiving ketamine for chronic pain management, regional anesthesia, and glycemic control for the perioperative patient. This program is also available via Zoom meeting. The link will be provided upon registration.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the latest technologies within the framework of joint preservation for shoulder and knee conditions.
- Discuss the role and indications for ketamine use in the management of chronic pain.
- State the mechanism for action, administration, side effects, and contraindications for ketamine use in treatment of pain.
- Describe perianesthesia nursing considerations for patient monitoring and intervention when caring for the patient receiving regional anesthesia.
- Describe the effects of surgical stress and anesthesia on blood glucose levels and perioperative implications for the person with diabetes.
Richard B. Goding, MD, Capital Orthopaedics- Carroll
Ruth Petros, CRNA, St. Anthony Anesthesia Services
Jordan Blackwill, CRNA, St. Anthony Anesthesia Services
Mark Abraham, MD, Surgical Services, McFarland Clinic- Carroll
- IBN Provider #72, St. Anthony Regional Hospital
- 4 contact hours will be awarded upon completion of the course
St. Anthony Education Center, fourth floor of Surgery Building
Full refund for cancellations received 5 business days in advance of class. After this time, there is a $10 fee to cancel registration. No refund for cancellations received 5 business days in advance of class. Registration is transferrable to another person attending the same session.
Back to Listing