My favorite part of the job is the joy we get to experience with a family when a baby is born. It’s such a pleasure to be part of that. I also enjoy doing surgery and seeing the positive difference I can make in someone’s life who’s experiencing a significant health problem.
Dr. Svensson focuses on general obstetrics and gynecology services, while specializing in minimally invasive surgery (laparoscopy), endometrial ablation (Novasure), infertility, and colposcopy. He serves patients routinely at the St. Anthony Clinic in Carroll & Denison.
Practice areas of special interest/special procedures:
- Well Woman Exams (not a problem based visit) - physical exam, pap smear, cultures, mammogram and wellness labs.
- Treatment of abnormal Pap smears - including colposcopy and biopsies, interpretation and management of results and treatment with LEEP.
- Menstrual Issues - PMS, excessively heavy or painful menses, irregularities, and absence of menses.
- Sexually Transmitted Disease / Infection - screening and treatment
- Menopause Management -treatment of hot flashes, night sweats, mood swings, low sex drive, and post-menopausal bleeding.
- Contraceptive Management and Menstrual Regularity - including insertion & removal of intrauterine devices, Nexplanon, Nuva Ring, prescribing pills, patch or Depo Provera.
- Urinary Tract Infections - testing & treatment
- Vaginal Discharge / Infection / Endometriosis
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
- Chronic Gynecologic Pain
- Vulvar Skin Disorders - labial adhesions, cysts, Lichen Sclerosis
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Early Pregnancy Loss
- Osteoporosis Screening
- Normal Pregnancies
- High Risk Pregnancies - due to hypertension, history of preeclampsia, diabetes, history of preterm labor
- Postpartum Depression
- Advanced Maternal Age
- Previous Cesarean Section
- Pregnancy with Multiples
- Obesity during Pregnancy
- Genetic Screening
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Morning Sickness
- RH Factor
- Breech or Other Unstable Presentations
- Group B Strep Infections
- University of Alabama (Bachelor of Science)
- University of South Alabama (Doctor of Medicine)
- East Carolina University School of Medicine
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology