Posted Date: 6/24/2022
Job Location: St. Anthony Regional Hospital, 311 South Clark St, PO Box 628, Carroll, IA, 51401
Employment Type: Full-Time
Responsible for the leadership of the Patient Services division which includes assuring the provision of quality patient care, and advises medical staff, administrators, and department directors in clinical matters related to patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Participates in overall strategic planning for the hospital and interprets the role of Patient Services in such a plan.
• Organizes the Patient Services departments to delineate authority, functional responsibilities and lines of communication to ensure proper accountability for problem solving, staffing, communications, and the delivery of quality patient care.
• Develops the financial budget for the Patient Services division in cooperation with the Chief Financial Officer, and functions within the approved budget.
• Establishes productive working relationships with medical staff, support departments, and community constituents.
• Develops and implements written goals and objectives for the Patient Services areas.
• Provides for the establishment and implementation of patient care standards which insure safe and therapeutically effective care for all patients.
• Attends all mandatory meetings and programs.
• Participates in opportunities that enhance personal and professional growth.
• Performs other duties as necessary or assigned.
• Complies with the Corporate Compliance Policy and all laws, regulations, and Standards of Conduct relating to the position and agrees to report any suspected violations of law or Standards of Conduct.
• Complies with all applicable state and federal regulations.
• Maintains a safe work environment using safe work practices, utilizing standard precautions and complying with hazardous waste procedures at all times as described in St. Anthony's Safety Manual.
• Maintains the confidentiality of patient, resident, employee and organizational information.
Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Patient Services Division. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employee. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or similar field of study required, Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent preferred.
• Five years progressive nursing management experience required.
Position Requirements, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
• Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Iowa required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, patients, families, regulatory agencies, or members of the community. Ability to effectively present information to management, the public and/or board of directors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; talk and hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk and sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 21 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
If you have further questions, please call the Human Resources Department at 712-794-5111.